Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wonder Woman

I was reading about how J. Michael Straczynski is going to be re-inventing (yet again) Wonder Woman for DC Comics, with Jim Lee redesigning the costume. Frankly, I think the best Wonder Woman we've seen in decades came from Darwin Cooke in The New Frontier. (I thought it was great that Cooke made her taller than Superman.) I get a little tired of Adam Hughes' et alia cheesecake drawings of Wonder Woman.

I thought I'd work up something representing the 1940s Amazonian princess. It's an Unfinished Work-in-Progress, mostly because I always reach a point where I don't know how to finish a painting. I reckon someday I'll take some classes. This was painted in ArtRage2 and I used Francis Gifford as a reference.


I touched it up a little bit. It had looked like she had a sunburn.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice...yes, this is the way I see our favorite Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more about the New Frontier Wonder Woman. Cooke managed to hit all the key personality notes and still make her fresh and interesting without changing a thing. Absolutely gorgeous painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always did love and appreciated the traditional wonder woman, even the old frontier woman woman :)

    ReplyDelete