Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Old Barn

Here's another pic of the barn. I don't know much about it. Our house was built around 1930, so the barn could date to around the same time. I assume it was built with trees that were cut when clearing the land. One log busted some time back before we bought the house, on the lower right, but it's still really solid. My dream is to fix it up some and make the hay loft into my studio. The barn is the reason I wanted the house.

That's a blackberry bush on the left, my kids trying out a new bow, and pumpkins starting in the foreground.


3 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks. Will add to may blog if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best books on log restoration is "building and restoring the Hewn log house' by Charles McRaven.
      It is like my log building 'bible'.
      http://www.charlesmcraven.com/frames5.html

      Delete
  2. Excellent, John, thanks. I will get ahold of that book.

    Feel free to add it to your blog. It sits in the foothills of the Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete