Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Painting from a printed sketch.


(My most current technique which seems to work for me.)

After the original sketch is approved I will print out a high-contrast version of it (sometimes bigger than the original sketch) I'll do this by simply printing it in sections with 8x14" copier paper.

I will then tape this on the back of my Strathmore imperial 500 140lb. watercolor paper and use a light table to trace it. It will look awkward once I pull it from the light table but then i just go in and erase and tighten it up to where it looks right.

That's how I'm transferring sketches to watercolor paper at the moment. I like to save the sketch just in case I blow something in the initial process of the painting and then I can trace it again.

-W.

No comments:

Post a Comment