Sunday, November 29, 2009

Congratulations, Novelists!

Congratulations to my 10-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter who met and exceded their writing goals in the NaNoWriMo Young Writers' Program! My son's goal for National Novel Writing Month was 5,000 words, and my daughter's goal was 3,000 words. They're both currently at around 7,000 words.

While they met their word count goal, they haven't technically completed a novel in 30 days. They realized they had much more to tell, and are continuing their daily writing. Where it will stop, nobody knows.


As a reward for meeting their writing goals, they'll get to order a free proof copy of their book published through CreateSpace, Amazon's print-on-demand publishing arm. I've used Createspace with my Spooner and Wild Blue books, and the quality is very good. My only complaint is the cover stock could be a little heavier. Probably, it's a heavy paper rather than actual cover stock.

Once they do finish their stories, you can be sure I'll be plugging their books right here. And congrats to everyone who actually wrote a novel in 30 days. Oh, and go buy your Spooner books already! It's almost Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment