Monday, April 6, 2009

Book by Young Authors

My son has enjoyed reading two books I discovered recently, both written by kids, both Best-Sellers. I ran across both of these by chance, and am now looking actively for other books by young authors. My kids find it encouraging and inspiring and actually, so do I.


Alec Greven wrote How to Talk to Girls when he was nine years old. This book is a result of his research. Initially, Alec self-published and was discovered by a publisher at a book fair. He has written two sequels, How to Talk to Moms, and How to Talk to Dads.


Nancy Yi Fan began writing Swordbird after 9/11 and a dream she had. She was inspired to write a story for a world at war, with a strong message of peace. Swordbill was published when she was twelve years old, with an initial print run of 50,000 copies. It made the New York Times Best-Seller list. She has written a prequel, Sword Quest.
These are both great books and we recommend them. Both are currently on the book shelves at B&N and can be found online as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...I wish I'd had, "How to Talk to Boys" when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete