Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy 105th Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' 105th Birthday!

On Monday, Google changed its nameplate to honor Dr. Seuss:


Happy Birthday to the greatest children's book author ever!

The genius children's book author/illustrator, Berkeley Breathed, was quoted in a Cincinnati Enquirer interview saying:

“To tell you the truth, we don’t own any Dr. Seuss. I had them all when I was five. But I challenge today’s parents to tell me their children love Dr. Seuss. I can’t find any children who do.”


Really? Kids don't like "The Cat in the Hat," "Too Many Daves," "The Butter Battle Book," "The Lorax," "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," "Hop on Pop," etc.

What an ignorant thing to say.

Personally, I love "The Lorax" and "Too Many Daves."

Links:
Seussville

1 comment:

  1. My kids can't wait till they get to the line, "Oliver Bolivar Butt!"

    Just a couple of nights ago, my daughter chose to read "Hop on Pop" to my wife.

    Berke also said he had never read a comic strip before he started doing Academia Waltz. Gotta wonder about the old boy sometimes. Plus, he reads this blog every day. What kind of nut does that?

    ReplyDelete