Thursday, December 11, 2008

Practice for Comicon

Our homeschool group organized an arts and crafts fair. My nine-year-old son, Ethan, decided he wanted to create a comic book for the event. He spent many long days and hours working hard to meet his deadline. I helped him print and saddle-stitch the books. The result was Botboy #1 and they turned out great. It's quite an accomplishment to finish even a 20-page comic book, and takes a lot of hard work and commitment. I'm proud of him, and he's rightly proud of himself.


At the "KinderMarket," he looked like a seasoned pro at a comics convention. He very nearly sold out, and most fans asked him to sign the book for them.



My seven-year-old daughter, Sara, did very well with the cotton potholders she has been weaving over the past few weeks. She sold out, and I was proud of all the hard work she put into making them.

And they each made a profit. Again, so small accomplishment, especially during a recession!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get a signed copy of young Mr. Dawson's first comic book?

    ReplyDelete