Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wicked



We went to see "Wicked" on Saturday.
It was our second time to see it, we also saw it last year, but since they announced the Chicago production of "Wicked" will ring down its final curtain after its 1,500th performance at the Oriental Theatre in January, we decided to take some family along with us and get them hooked on the tale of the witches, Galinda and Elphaba.
By the time the show closes in January, more than 3 million people in Chicago will have seen it in its 3 1/2 year run.

It's my favorite musical. I love the Wizard of Oz and I love this amazing stage production. But I really, really love this wonderful story that has been woven into a story that everyone already knows. I love how it all comes together at the end. Pure genius!

Anyway, go see it if you can, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment