The Miami Book Fair International, which attracts more than 250,000 visitors over eight days, is partnering with Diamond Comics Distributors to expand the comics and graphic novel presence at the 25th annual fair set for November 9–16 on the campus of Miami-Dade College.
Pulitzer Prize–winning cartoonist Art Spiegelman will be a featured guest and will create this year's poster. A graphic novel education day on Nov. 9 will feature professional programming aimed at teachers, librarians, publishers and retailers; there will also be a kids' day on November 14 and an array of publisher exhibitors, panels and author events Nov. 15–16 focused on comics and graphic novels.
Mitch Kaplan, cofounder of the Miami Book Fair and owner of Miami's Books & Books, said the book fair wanted to reflect the growing consumer and professional interest in the category. “It's the 25th anniversary of the book fair,” Kaplan said, “and over the years we've tried to keep it fresh and have it reflect what's going in publishing. Graphic novels have a growing profile, and we'd like to celebrate that.” In fact, Kaplan said he is expanding the graphic novel presence at his stores. “We've carried graphic novels for a while, but now we're added a category buyer and we're giving them a higher profile,” he said....
Miami Book Fair Prize Package GiveAway
Now in promotion of Miami Book Fair International and their graphic novel programming, and thanks to the efforts of Palley Promotes, TWO VERY LUCKY WINNERS will be awarded a PRIZE PACK that includes the following titles—all from authors who will be attending the 25th annual Miami Book Fair International:
- ”Hatter M” graphic novel SIGNED by Frank Beddor (The Looking Glass Wars)
- “The Monsters of Templeton” paperback novel by Lauren Groff~”BAT-MANGA!” graphic novel by Chip Kidd
- ”The Given Day” (Browse Inside) novel by award-winning author Dennis Lehane (Mystic River; Gone, Baby, Gone)
- ”ZOT!” graphic novel by Scott McCloud
- ”Prince of Persia” graphic novel by Jordan Mechner (creator of the Prince of Persia videogame)”Identity Crisis” graphic novel by Brad Meltzer (The Book of Lies, The Book of Fate)
- ”The Dracula Dossier” novel by James Reese (The Herculine Trilogy)