Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Little Vanity

I found my name mentioned in an article that came out last year, and it surprised me enough that I thought I'd post it here. I'm not exactly part of the national consciousness, but if I were world-famous as were my original intentions, I suppose references like this would be commonplace. As it is, I really don't know what it means. But I like that it is written so matter-of-factly.

"Patrick Smith is an animator who creates his frames the old school way: he hand draws them, saving any computer animation work for coloration only. His composition is somewhere between Ted Dawson's Spooner and Berke Breathed's Bloom County. MTV fans are already acquainted with his work as director for the Beavis & Butthead spinoff, Daria, and his animated short works are..."

Original source

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I'm surprised that you would be surprised.

    BTW- I'm only brought up when people are trying to describe a moldy smell. Somewhere between old wet shoes and bad peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great compliment!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete