Monday, August 11, 2008

The Goonies


I just finished drawing this movie poster for "The Goonies" showing at the historic Artcraft Theatre.
It's an old theatre in Franklin, IN and our poster operation, Mile 44, has teamed up with them to provide funding for renovation of the beautiful old theatre by creating a series of collectible, hand-printed movie posters for some of the theatre's showings.

The posters in the series are sold in the theatre lobby as well as through our poster website, which itself is under renovation.
If you want to buy one (they're $20 each + shipping), you can e-mail me for availability by clicking here.

If you're in the Franklin, Indiana area, why not stop by on August 22nd or 23rd and see The Goonies on the big screen?

4 comments:

  1. I'm there!

    Ok, I'm not, but I wish I was.

    Good looking poster, Stacy. I've still not seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Richard.

    I hadn't seen the movie in at least 20 years.

    I had to run out and buy the DVD and do some studying before I could draw the poster.

    It's an excellent adventure and on the DVD, there's an extra of Cyndi Lauper's video, "Goonies R Good Enough."

    Thanks to YouTube, you can find it right here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBQlFZyZ-c

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very nice poster, and you've inspired me to checkout the movie. It's interesting to imagine all the planning that had to go into this poster.

    ReplyDelete