Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Well, not really. And anyways, we kinda quit celebrating Valentine's Day because it seems to have been invented solely to sell stuff. We only celebrate Columbus Day now.

And what does that have to do with this old ad? Absolutely nothing! I just wanted to post it because it's from that era of masterful illustrators who ruled. Wish I could paint like this, and that there was some company that actually would want it!

Can't say the same for those old copy writers. Can you believe they used to put stuff like this in print?! Amazing.

Also, if you have a young daughter, don't let her watch reruns of Bewitched. I never realized how utterly sexist that show was! The Andy Griffith Show was practically Burn Your Bra compared to that. But I still like the first Darrin.
If I'm incoherent it's because I have to go draw something! and I don't know what! It could be anything, but it has to be the right thing! You'll never understand! Just leave me alone!

At least Stacy is crazier than I am right now. Wes probably is, too, but he's much bigger than me so I'm not gonna say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment