Friday, January 4, 2008

O BAM! O


Obama-bama, bo-bama, banana-rama, bo-bam, O-BAM-A!
Obama shines as the potential frontrunner in the Democratic primaries, even though polls show 97% of Americans don't know if Obama is his first name or last name. Says Mr. Barrack, "It doesn't matter, as long as people vote for one of my names."

Democrats in Iowa say Obama is the man! Well, most... um... a LOT of them do. A little less than half. Actually, we don't know how many people, since they don't vote, but stand in circles and try to rally their neighbors to their side. "Red Rover, Red Rover, let OBAMA come over!" It's a very weird thing, the Iowa caucus. But it's cool.

2 comments:

  1. Ted, as an Iowan I can tell you the last couple of months, and especially weeks, have been something to behold. It was fascinating, in its own way, but I am more than glad it's over. I did attend my first ever caucus and enjoyed the whole experience, which is something considering I don't enjoy politics. It was amazing and surprising the large number that turned out and were involved in the process.___But now the candidates are all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be part of a community that at least tries to create a sense of... well, community!

    I WISH the candidates were all mine, but they're gonna get rid of most of them by the time it would really make any difference.

    I wonder how much "peer pressure" plays into the caucus, since it's all public? I guess if there's a good environment, then folks feel free to go with their conscience.

    ReplyDelete