Monday, September 10, 2007

"Miss Potter"



We watched the movie"Miss Potter" last night. It's about Beatrix Potter, who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

I did some research on the real Beatrix Potter afterwards to distinguish which parts of the movie were factual and which were fiction, which I find myself doing alot with these Hollywood movies that seem to dress things up for box office moolah.

It was great for its entertainment value as well as for learning a bit about one of the most remarkable women ever.
Not only was she a great children's book illustrator, she was also a great conservationist.

I'm also a big fan of "Finding Neverland," one of my favorite movies of all time. It's the wonderful story of J.M. Barrie, author of "Peter Pan."

Two great movie rentals for a rainy afternoon.

2 comments: