Thursday, September 6, 2007

Inking


This is the Hunt 512 (right) that I used to ink Spooner. It has a "bowl" point so it's not as scratchy as many other nibs. I also used a Zebra G (center) which a friend sent me from Nippon. You can go from a very fine line to a nice wide one. Most folks thought I used a brush to ink Spooner, and that's the effect I wanted. I didn't feel qualified to use a brush, though, and still don't.
The one thing I liked about nibs is that you can put pressure on them. I like to feel that weight on the paper. However, that also puts a lot more pressure on the hand over time. Now I almost exclusively use the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (left). I've had this one since last December. I like not having to keep dipping into the ink, so I can work even faster and drying time is cut by probably 1000%.
The Superman drawing below was inked with the brush pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment