Wednesday, June 27, 2007

8 Things Tag

Everyone is doing it. It's the "Eight Things Tag." Share eight things people may not know about you and tag someone else to do the same. So here it goes...



1. I am currently learning how to play the harmonica. Since fourth grade, I've played the trombone and bass trombone, but I have forgotten how difficult it is to take up a new instrument. The harmonica is not an easy instrument to play because it is the only instrument that you can play by both blowing and drawing air through it. I would also love to learn how to play the banjo.

2. I am a night owl. On any given day, I could be awake and working in my studio at 3 a.m.

3. I have a twin brother, Tracy. He doesn't draw, he's a paramedic and volunteer firefighter.

4. I have not had caffeine since October 2006.

5. Eight people I would love to have a long lunch with: Alan Alda, Andy Griffith, Axl Rose, Peter Reynolds, Patrick McDonnell, Oprah, Jerry Scott and Hugh Laurie.

6. One day I hope to find out what it is that I am supposed to do with my life.

7. I know what SVT is.

8. I look forward to the day when I meet Ted Dawson and Wes Hargis in person.

6 comments:

  1. No caffeine since last October? Congratulations! Teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor's orders worked for me! (See #7)

    I never really drank coffee, except for the fancy, surgar-laden drinks at Starbucks, but I used to live on pop.

    There's tons of pop out there without caffeine. There's even a new Caffeine-Free Coke.
    I could drink a 12-pack of pop in a day, so I stopped buying it altogether. Now I just drink orange juice and water.

    I do miss Cherry Coke, Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love the self-portrait. You are a handsome, handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like a fat, balding guy with a girl's name, who gets mistaken for George Costanza then I'm your dreamboat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're gonna have to have a jam sometime, especially if you can figure out a way to play the harmonica and trombone at the same time.

    Andy Griffith is supposed to be a scene-stealer in the new movie "Waitress." Better do lunch before he gets famous again.

    The way things go nowadays, they'll probably discover that caffeine is a cure for SVT.

    Thanks for posting this! Very cool. And it just might be that what you're supposed to do with your life is meet Wes & me. Not likely, but...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I meet Wes and yourself, I'll gladly take Axl Rose off my list and die a happy man.

    ReplyDelete