Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Postcards came in. (Mundane, I know)


I was surprised at how well they came out.

I bought the slightly larger 8.5" x 5.5" 250 set for 80 bucks at overnightprints.com. There's a free option for gloss on both sides that I took. I had some trouble viewing the proofs online with Safari so i just re-uploaded them with Mozilla. The paper is THICK! Colors look great. A few on top had machine marks, but who cares! I will definitely use these guys again.

I tried to write on the gloss with a ball-point pen and it didn't work, but an ultra-fine point sharpie did fine with minimal smearing.

-Wes

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! They look great and that's a good size. What was the turnaround time? Do you know if it's coated paper or laminated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSA!

    Those look professional and terrific!
    I'll be expecting one any day now......

    I'm definitely bookmarking that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted, I think turnaround was 6 days, but I chose the free shipping option. I think it's coated, but i'm not sure. I'll send you one.

    Stace, Yessir it'll be there soon.

    -Wes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wes, great job! This will definitely be a good investment. Did you buy a mailing list? Or how did you compile your mailing list? And get these babies mailed out before the postage increase.__Wish I was as on top of my self-promotion as you. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Bucky.

    It's a hodge podge of several lists, but mostly the ones you find in Artists Market books. The main thing I want to do is introduce myself. I'm realistic about the whole thing. It feels better to be in control of who i'm targeting and jot down a very small note to the individual editor. I am looking into the pluses of buying a list BTW.

    ReplyDelete