Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ship at Sea


This is my 30-minute digital painting for today. This time I thought I would use a reference, but I ended up just outright copying a great painting I found. I don't know who the artist is. This is the painting that I tried to duplicate: Spirit of Albion  UPDATE, July 12, 2010: The original link disappeared, but I finally discovered the artist of the painting I copied. It is by Mark Myers, Royal Society of Marine Artists. It is titled Wanderers: The Joseph Conrad in the Southern Ocean.
More work by Mark Myers.

3 comments:

  1. You should look into illegally reproducing masterpieces or money.

    Great speed painting. You really do have an eye for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This as awesome! My son LOVES Ships & he loves to draw, I hope he gets this good one day. You did a GREAT job!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I originally painted this, I was just kind of warming up and did not take the time to find out who the original artist was. The original link has disappeared. Finally, I discovered the artist and name of the painting, which I added to the original post:
    "Wanderers: The Joseph Conrad in the Southern Ocean" - watercolour by Mark Myers, RSMA.

    ReplyDelete