Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bugs

If there is a more perfect character out there than Bugs Bunny, I don't know who it is. This is a sketch from a little Bugs figure I keep on my desk.

We've been renting the Looney Tunes DVDs from the library. Besides just being a blast to watch, it's very educational to pause during actions and see the drawings that we never really see. We tend to think of cartoon characters as looking a certain way, as in the static pose I drew above. But the animators who worked on the cartoons obviously were not content with drawing standard poses. Something I can learn from, as it's too easy for me to get stuck drawing figures in boring or standard poses. What I should do is go take some action shots of the kids and see what comes out on film.

Side note... the kids have been on a bickering/arguing kick with each other lately. I told them from now on that if they argue, they have to do it in Looney Tunes voices. They didn't like that at all. It seems to have helped. I figured it would either stop it or make it more entertaining for me, at least.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen this? http://looneytunes.warnerbros.com/web/toons/toons.jsp is LT Classic toons... a lot to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is great! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete