Thursday, February 8, 2007

That's Stupid

My wife has gotten a little tired of the bickering that goes on between our kids, a 5YO girl and 7YO boy. She thought that one way to get to them to stop might be to give them a taste of their own medicine. She typed and printed out a transcript of one of their arguments and we kept it near. A day or two later they started up again, and I grabbed the script. In the middle of a conversation that we were having, we began acting out our parts, with gusto, to the amazement of our kids:

Me: "That's stupid."

Her: "No, it's not."

Me: "Yes, it is."

Her: "No, it's not." (raspberry)

Me: "Yes, it is." (raspberry)

Her: "No, it's not stupid... and you STINK!"

Me: (Ugly face and extended raspberry)

Her: "Hmph." (ugly face and foot stamp)

Me: "Go away. Get out of my room."

Her: "Well, I'm not talking to you ever again. Hmph." (foot stamp)

Apparently, I was so believable in my part that my wife didn't catch on at first. I had to prompt her for her line.

The kids were in disbelief and tried to be the consolers. Then we told them what we were doing and why. I don't know if it worked or not, but it was fun. Next time we'll use a similar transcript involving the president of the National Cartoonist Society.

2 comments:

  1. Rabbit Season!
    Duck Season!
    Rabbit Season!
    Duck Season!
    Duck Season!
    Okay, it's duck season!
    Pow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didin't work one bit! And that's stupid! HA! HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete