Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Process


For those who might be interested, this shows the process of digitally painting the Face that I posted a couple months ago. You may notice that the position of the eyes was adjusted, something that I couldn't have done on paper.
I tried doing what I see several very good digital artists do... first lay out three colors for shadow, highlight and midtone, and work from there. That didn't work very well for me. It probably would have if I had used a reference instead of just making it up as I went along... or more likely, it's just a skill I need to work on.
I picked up a tablet pc on the cheap on ebay which needs fixing. I'm not sure whether it will be worth it or not, but we'll see. I'm just gonna bust if I don't get one soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment