Friday, December 29, 2006

Gonna Do Better


It's that time of year for reflections of the damages from the previous 300 and some odd days.
Time to promise to do things better next year.

This year, I discovered there are things we just have no control over.
Things like ignorant decisions made by corporate bean counters.
And health issues that no matter how much you exercise or how healthy you eat, are going to pop up and scare the jeepers out of you.

Then there are the things that we can control.
And for some reason, these are the things I put off until tomorrow ... tomorrow being the third Wednesday in June 2045.
This year is the year I tackle the two big ones....the spare tire (my spare tire has become a spare tire for a Hummer) and time management.

More time at the drawing table, less time surfing the web.
Blogs have become my addiction this year. I heart blogs.
Blogs about cartooning, blogs about books, blogs about children's books, blogs about illustrating, blogs about blogs!
And you know what goes good with blogs?
Donuts.
And ice cream.

What are your resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for one, I'd like to figure out how to draw hands like you did in that illustration. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the same resolution about less blog reading, and more drawing. Yet, here I am reading the entire contents of "Three Men In A Tub" hahaha. Oh well. :0)

    ReplyDelete